Professional Diploma in Information Security Basics and Crisis Management
The functionality and use of computer systems and networks keep advancing and now involves most of business or life critical tasks and information. This has left the security of information and computer networks with an ever-changing landscape of threats and vulnerabilities.
The programme will equip participants with modern techniques to secure any kind of network and network-accessible resources from unauthorized access, misuse, modification or denial of service.
|Objectives and target group
Who should attend?
Network or System Administrators, Academicians, Students and Hobbyists
How attendees will benefit?
After completion of the course, delegates will have an understanding of:
- Information security management, which can be approached from various perspectives;
- Corporate governance, policies and pure management issues;
- The human side of information security management, focusing on issues such as security culture, awareness, training, ethics and other human-related issues;
- Software and hardware products;
- The establishment of an information security architecture (ISA);
- Information security architecture; and
- Risk and the assessment of the current controls, as well as the alignment of controls to meet the requirements of the organisation.
- How to identify when attacks are happening inside networks
- How to collect evidence of network intrusions
- How to test networks and systems for vulnerabilities
- How to prepare for and defend against network attacks
- Recognizes how the electronic penetration crisis is contained in the media.
- Introduction to information security management
- Information Security Fundamentals
- Corporate governance and policies
- Security culture, awareness, training and ethics
- Information security architecture
- Addressing Threats
- Backdoors, Virus, and Worms
- Introduction to the Linux Operating System
- Password Cracking
- Web Servers and web applications
- Intrusion detection, evidence collection and defense against cyber-attacks.
- Principles and concepts of wired and wireless data network security
- Attack/defend scenarios and determine the effectiveness of particular defense deployments against attacks.
- The issues and facilities available to both the intruder and data network administrator
- How to contain the crisis.
- How to face the media penetration crisis.